Centaur Training Services (North West) Ltd
First Floor, Farington Mill,
Centurion Ind Est,
First Aid at Work course (HSE)
Whats InvolvedOn completion of training, successful candidates should be competent in:
• understand the role of the first aider including reference to the use of available equipment and the need for recording incidents and actions;
• understand the importance of basic hygiene in first-aid procedures;
• assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;• administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure;
• administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
• administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock;
• administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;• provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries.
• recognising the presence of major illness and applying general first aid principles in its management.
In addition, candidates should be able to demonstrate the correct first-aid management of:
• soft tissue injuries;
• injuries to bones including suspected spinal injuries;
• chest injuries;
• burns and scalds;
• eye injuries including how to irrigate an eye;
• sudden poisoning and anaphylactic shock.
FINAL PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT
The final assessment should determine a student’s ability to act safely, promptly and effectively when an emergency occurs at work and to deal with a casualty who:
• is unconscious;
• requires cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
• is wounded and/ or bleeding.
Times09:00 - 17:00
This Course would suit-Staff acting as the recognised First Aider at work -Those wanting a comprehensive course covering all major techniques and skills - Higher risk workplaces such as construction, manufacturing, Food processing, warehousing & Transport -Organisations with a large number of staff
Qualification obtainedHealth & Safety Executive approved course which complies with the health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 for the national qualification of the workplace First Aider
Future ProspectsThe Student will be able to fulfil their role as a First Aider in the workplace. The final practical assessment determines a student’s ability to act safely, promptly and effectively when an emergency occurs at work and to deal with a casualty who: • is unconscious; • requires cardiopulmonary resuscitation; • is wounded and/ or bleeding.
About the provider
We offer a variety of training courses which are delivered to an extremely high standard, all Centaur trainers are specialists in their own fields, with the majority of them being emergency service or healthcare professionals. Their up-to-date, everyday life experience and underpinning core-knowledge means they can relate to real scenarios, bringing realism into the classroom.